This tomato salad is made all over the Middle East. Amongst a table of rich mezze meats, a bite of this fresh crisp salad works a treat. The great thing about this salad is you can vary the proportions to suit your tastes and whatever you have in your garden or fridge. Just don’t skimp on the mint and parsley- that’s what makes this wish so special.
- 1 medium spring onion, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 pound cucumbers, peeled, cut into bite-size pieces
- 1 garlic clove, finely grated
- 2–3 large heirloom tomatoes, sliced
- 6 small red tomatoes, cut into wedges
- 2 pints small cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 cup fresh lime juice, divided
- 4 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- Kosher salt, freshly ground pepper
- 1/2 bunch chives, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1/4 bunch dill with tender stems and blossoms, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 cup fresh cilantro leaves with tender stems
- 1 cup fresh flat-leaf parsley leaves with tender stems
- 1/4 cup fresh tarragon leaves
Add herbs and remaining 1/4 cup lime juice and 2 tablespoons oil to reserved bowl; season with salt and pepper and toss to coat. Mound herb mixture over salad.
Share, savour, enjoy!