It is the best time of the year to have some new habits; get together with your friends once in amonth around a delicious table and unrush the night together. With your new culinary skills mastered why not get together your favourite people and kick off your first Yeni Raki table in style? Cosy up, pour the Yeni Raki and try the following recipe for an instant hit!
- 6 large bone-in, skin-on chicken thighs
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 2 cans of chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1/4 cup harissa
- 1/2 cup chicken stock
- Salt & pepper
- Chopped parsley, for serving
- Lemon wedges, for serving
– Preheat an oven to 425°F. Season chicken on both sides with salt and black pepper.
– Warm olive oil in a large pan over medium-high heat and cook the chicken until golden (4 to 5 minutes per side).
– Transfer chicken to a large oven proof dish. Drain off all but 1 tablespoon of fat from the pan and add the onion and garlic, stirring and scraping to pull up any brown bits from the bottom of the pan. Cook, stirring frequently, until soft. Stir in the tomato paste, and cook for 1 minute. Stir in the chickpeas, harissa and chicken stock, and bring the mixture to a simmer.
– Transfer the mixture and chicken to the oven, and roast until chicken is cooked through (20–25 minutes). To serve, spoon 1 or 2 thighs with chickpeas into a shallow bowl. Top with chopped parsley and serve with lemon wedges and pour Yeni Rakı to the glasses on your left!
Share, Savour, Enjoy!