Here’s a nice recipe to enjoy with your favourite people at your special Raki Table.
- 1 medium butternut squash
- 6 large plum tomatoes, halved lengthways (500g)
- 3cm piece of ginger, finely grated (25g)
- 1 red chilli, de-seeded and finely diced
- 2 garlic cloves
- 30g dark muscovado sugar
- 120g Greek yoghurt
- 1/4 tsp ground cardamom
- Finely grated zest of 1/2 lime, plus 11/2 tsp lime juice To serve
- 5g coriander leaves, roughly chopped
- 30g cashew nuts, toasted and roughly chopped
- 10g crispy shop-bought shallots (optional)
Chop the squash into large chunks and mix with 2 tablespoons of the oil, season. Roast for 35–40 minutes, until golden-brown.
Bake tomato halves with 1/4 teaspoon of salt and drizzle with tablespoon of oil for 80 minutes.
Place the ginger, chilli, garlic, sugar and 1/4 teaspoon of salt in a medium bowl. Mix to form a paste, then spoon this on top of the tomatoes. Cook for another 40 minutes, until caramelized.
Place all the ingredients for the lime yoghurt in a small bowl, with 1/2 teaspoon of salt and a good grind of black pepper. Mix well and keep in the fridge until ready to serve.
Spread the squash out on a large platter and arrange the tomatoes in between. Drizzle over the lime yoghurt, sprinkle with the coriander, cashews and shallots, if using, and serve.
Share, savour, enjoy!