Looking for a tasty recipe? Here’s an easy, healthy and flavourful Mediterranean oven dish. In Greece it’s called “psari plaki” whereby “psari” stands for fish and “plaki” for baked in the oven with vegetables. It’s simple ingredient-based cooking creates layers into one dish for a tasty, light and healthy meal in summer.
- 8 small potatoes, scrubbed and cut in half
- 1 red onion, halved and sliced
- 3 garlic cloves, roughly chopped
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1 tsp thyme
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 pinch of sea salt
- 1 pinch of ground black pepper
- 1 lemon, cut into wedges
- 2 fresh codfish filets (200g each), cut into serving size pieces
- 10 tomatoes
- 1/2 cup of black olives with pit
- 1/2 cup of capers
- Handful of fresh parsley, roughly chopped
- Optional 1/2 cup of white wine
Heat the oven to 200C.
Mix the potatoes, onion, garlic, herbs, olive oil and seasoning into a baking dish.
Roast for 15 min, turn everything over and bake for another 15 min.
Add lemon, tomatoes, fish fillets, olives, capers and white wine on top to bake for 20min.
Check the fish occasionally to make sure it does not get dry and overcooked.
Share, savour, enjoy!